Agile 2011 - Day 0

While there were no sessions, I think that the Agile 2011 conference technically started today. I was there anyway. Here is the report.

The Plan:
Head up to the Grand America for the 5:15 First Time Attendees session. Hang out until 7:00 then go over to the Zombie Walk.

Actual:
I went to SLC Airport to pick up Brian Marick and take him to the hotel at noon. He treated me to an excellent lunch at Squatters. I had the Black and Bleu burger which is at least as delicious as it sounds. While the food was great, the conversation was better. It was a wonderful opportunity for me to make the hang and learn directly from a well-known master. We spoke at length about software, languages, pets, programming jobs, XP, psychology and gift economies. It was an amazing lunch.
After dropping Brian off at his hotel, I didn't really have time to drive home and back before the 5:15 session, so I decided to wonder around the Grand America. Soon I was helping the volunteers sort shirts and prep welcome packets. After that, I went to the Agile Alliance lounge and hung out until the session.
I skipped the Zombie walk because I was missing Nikki and the kids and I know that, even as a local, I am going to be busy around the clock with the conference this week and I won't see them much. Spending time with them at the splash pad in The Ranches is more fun than hanging out with hipster zombies any day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simpler Tests: What kind of test are you writing?

Architecture at different levels of abstraction

Episode 019 - Sustaining Communities